Monday, July 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Brad and I finally got the call that we have been waiting 2 months for. We got the house! Brad and I had our hopes set high on a home out at West Beach that a family friend had privately for sale. The owner of the house was really great to work with. We had to jump through a ton of hoops to get through the home buying process....pay stubs, letters from our employers saying that our jobs were stable in this economy, credit report mistakes and fixes, bank statements, our family budget, home insurance quotes, home inspection appraisal........all while the wedding planning was going on! It was nuts. It all paid off in the end. We received a grant to purchase our very first home. Brad and I signed about 100 pages of documents.....signing our life away and making the biggest purchase both of us have ever made before. It was so amazing.
Here is a picture of us signing the last page!
Luckily Brad's dad Barry works for the title company and helped us with all of the documents. We couldn't have done it without him! We are so excited! I can't wait to have a house warming party and invite everyone over to come and see our new home!

No comments: