Mom and I flew into St. John's pretty late the day before my birthday. Luckily my Grandma's sister, my Great Aunt Bernadette and my beautiful cousin Joyce live in St. Johns so we got to stay with her for a night. When we arrived at her house we did what every Newfoundlander does when they do to someones house....have a cup of Tetley Tea and have snack. In this case we had homemade bread with Cheese whiz and fresh berries. I remember when my Grandma and Poppy lived on Jerseyside hill and we would go visit Bernadette and Joe. She was always so sweet to me and I love her so.


Our first day there we all went to my Aunt Diane's Salon to all get our hair done. It was a lot of fun! Maurice had his first haircut, grandma had her hair colored and styled and so did my Aunt Nancy and Mom :)

My Grandma and my Mom getting their hair did :)

Aunt Nancy, Baby Maurice, and Aunt Diane

Newfoundland is beautiful.....I was lucky enough to go about 2 years ago and even luckier to go for my huge family reunion! I grew up in Argentia, Newfoundland on the base when my Dad was stationed there. I got to spend a lot of time with my Grandma and Poppy, Aunts and Uncles. My Grandma Snow White's maiden name was Traverse and she was a family of 14 (Listed Below on our family T-shirt that my Aunt Diane had made for the family) In the photo is my Great Grandpa Tom and Great Grandmother Veronica.

My mom is a family of 10 and 8 out of the 10 were able to come home for the reunion and man was it a party. About 175 people came to my family reunion. It was amazing to see people I haven't seen since I was a kiddo and meet people that I have heard about but never had the chance to meet. My Great Aunt Lizzie and my Great Aunt Anne's crowd was such a fun to be around. We totally hit it off....probably because we are really awesome, but its just a guess.

My Great Aunt Anne, My Grandma's Boyfriend Clem O'Keefe, My Grandma, and My Great Aunt Lizzie having a great time joking around at Aunt Lizzie's house. I believe she had about 18 people staying at their house. There were people sleeping everywhere including tents outside :)

This is my Great Aunt Anne's daughter Tammy and her partner Wanda. It was so nice to finally meet my cousins and spend time with them. I would list them all but it would take forever....big family and all :)
Here are a few of the really really cute ones that I have:
Baby Maurice, my Aunt Nancy's youngest....he just had his first haircut so I was entertaining him while Veronica got hers cut by my Aunt Diane.

Veronica and I saying Cheese while I was watching her at my Aunt Nancy's House on Jerseyside Hill. We were playing with puzzles and watching cartoons. She says the cutest things.

This is Princess Gillian, she is my Uncle Rodney's oldest. She loves the new Twilight movie and can tell you anything you could ever want to know about it. She is so kind and so helpful with the rest of the cousins.

This is Lucas my Uncle Rodney's youngest showing us his awesome dance moves. He reminds me so much of my Uncle Rodney when he was younger, he cracks me up.

This is my cousin Kayla, my Uncle Larry's youngest, my cousin Emily, my Aunt Arlene's oldest, Gillian, and Zachary, my Aunt Arlene's youngest. For the Come Home Year reunion they were holding a scavenger hunt so we decided to represent for the White Family Grandkids and found as many items as we could on the list. In this photo we found a spike to the old railway that came through town. The railway has been gone for about 75 years so we totally lucked out and found them. Kayla found a piece of one, Gillian and Emily found a big nail that was used in the railway and so did Zachary. They have eagle eyes.
Here we are in front of the old trophy shop that is now a bed and breakfast. The scavenger hunt list made you figure out where the old locations were and take photos in front of them.
Another one of the scavenger hunt items....Bennett's has been closed for about 20 years but its still standing.
Luckily we gathered about 9 out of the 20 items on the scavenger hunt list. The items were pretty hard to find. We were the only ones that entered and we won the grand prize of $100. The kids were so happy and I am so happy that we showed Jerseyside and Ferndale how the White Family is awesome!
The family reunion itself was probably the most fun. We shared stories of long ago, danced the Newfie jig, ate food together, drank and laughed. It was incredible to see how many people I am related to. This is a photo of my Grandma and everyone in our family who came home for the reunion. Keep in mind we are missing quite a few cousins, great grand kids, an aunt and an uncle.
8 out of 10 of my Grandma's
Some of the Grandkids, there are sooo many more.
Having the family Dinner and listening to My Great Aunt Judy tell stories.
The dancing begins....we danced for about 4 hours straight to an awesome band
This is how the night ended....I love how my Aunt Anne always kisses everyone. That's her brother my great Uncle Gory.
After the reunion was over that night we went to my Aunt Diane and Uncle Peter's house til 2am and laughed ate soup and went to bed.
My most favorite part of my trip was learning how to make my grandmas homemade bread. We made 5 loafs and I brought home two :) Such a treat and so special that I learned from the pro.


I Love my Grandma Snow White soooo much. I'm her favorite.


No comments:
Post a Comment